• Historic Preservation Office
  • 6,605 SF
  • Completed - 2006

The Capewell Horse Nail Factory was an important contributor to Hartford’s industrial development in the late 19th century. This c. 1900 building, with its eclectic and exuberant interpretation of the Renaissance Revival and Romanesque Revival styles, served as its company office headquarters until the mid-20th century. Crosskey Architects was responsible for the historically sympathetic design of the interior spaces for another company, and the project won an award from the Hartford Preservation Alliance in 2006. The building is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.


Awards & Recognition

  • Hartford Preservation Alliance - Preservation Award 2006