- Adaptive Reuse Mixed-Use
- 26 Residential Units; 22,600 SF Commerical
- Completed - 2018
Designed by J. Frederick Krokyn and Ambrose A. Brown, the Brown Building was completed in 1930. The lobby retains much of its original Art Deco design and decorative finishes, including marble floor, marble wall panels and trim, and decorative base relief panels with metallic finishes. The second- and third-floor double-loaded corridors follow the “U” shape of the building and will receive an addition to connect the east and west wings. The building is being redeveloped into dorms for the University of Connecticut, Waterbury Campus. The retail/commercial tenant spaces at street level will receive new storefront, and the second and third floors will be redeveloped with twenty-six (26) units for student housing.