• Historic Preservation
  • N/A
  • Completed - 2012

Hartford’s City Hall, originally known as the Municipal Building, was designed by acclaimed architect John Carrère of Carrère & Hastings and completed in 1915. One of the city’s finest Beaux-Arts style buildings, it is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Crosskey Architects restored the Main Street entry plaza, removing concrete and reinstating the granite pavement according to the original architectural drawings, restoring and supplementing historic lighting, cleaning and repairing granite stairs, curbs, and fountains, adding new landscaping, and restoring the main entry doors. The project was awarded the 2012 Preservation Award by the Hartford Preservation Alliance.


Awards & Recognition

  • Hartford Preservation Alliance - Preservation Award 2012