Location: Hartford, CT | Size: 6 Units | Status: Completed 2016
36 Lewis Street is a c. 1840 GreekRevival brick house, one of a group of just five left on the block. Lewis Street is the only extant neighborhood of its era in downtown Hartford. The original building entrance remains intact, along with fireplace masonry and some fine Greek Revival woodwork. It is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. In the late 20th Century, 36 Lewis Street was occupied by a series of restaurants and dance clubs, but it had been vacant prior to our rehabilitation of the building. The current owners restored the masonry exterior, removed the addition on the south side and renovated the building to return it to its residential use with six townhouse living units.