Location: Milford, CT | Size: 5,570 SF | Status: Schematic Design Completed
The Academy of Our Lady of Mercy, Lauralton Hall, is a Catholic college preparatory school. The Victorian era campus is the former estate of Charles Hobby Pond, a businessman who later became a Connecticut state governor, and it is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The handsome brick carriage barn was built for Pond in 1864. The first floor originally housed the horse stables and carriages, and the upper level was a hayloft with areas for grain storage. Following a comprehensive preservation survey, we are completing construction documents for the phased restoration of the carriage barn’s masonry building shell and wood structure. When the exterior restoration is complete, the interior will be rehabilitated to accommodate the schools’ visual and performing arts programs and provide a multi-purpose space for school and community functions.